Restore not Running
|If the backup runs with no trouble, but the restore process fails, then you may have an issue with your setup.|
To determine whether this is the case or not:
- Check that the backup scheduler is set to restore with the appropriate username (SYSDBA) and password (contact Office Practicum Support for the password).
|Note: If the stored username is "OPUSER", then you may not have full permissions to run the restore. You must change it to "SYSDBA" in order to have full permissions.|
This may also be a problem if the firebird program was installed separately from the workstation install. In this case the password is set to a common password. To fix this issue, please call Office Practicum for them to log into IBExpert and make the necessary fix to correct the user login password.
- Check that Firebird is running, by following these steps:
- Click on your Windows Start button, then go to Control Panel > Administrative Tools > Services.
- Scroll down until you see Firebird Server and Firebird Guardian.
- Make sure their Status is set to STARTED.
- If you do not see Firebird in the Services list, then you must install it. Contact Office Practicum Support for assistance.
- Try to run a backup and restore session through the scheduler.