Path: Clinical, Billing, or Practice Management tab > Patient Chart > Medications
- Navigate to the patient's Medication List by following the path above.
- Click the New button to open the Prescription window.
- In the Purpose field, use the drop-down to select Med - office vended or Med- office sample from the list.
- (Optional) In the Supervisor field, use the drop-down to select a name from the list.
- (Optional) Add a diagnosis code to the Primary and Secondary DX field by clicking the drop-down or typing a portion of the name and pressing Enter on your keyboard.
- In the Drug field, begin typing the name of the medication and click the Ellipsis button or press Enter on your keyboard.
- From the Medication Finder window, select the medication by double-clicking or highlighting the medication and clicking the OK button.
- Click into the Lot number field and enter the medications lot number.
- Click into the Expiration date field, enter the medication's expiration date, or click the drop-down and select from the calendar.
- Complete any additional information for the prescription.
- Click the Save button.